2014 - SUMMARY +
2014 - Summary
- Impact of nutrient loading in the coral reefs offshore of Hollywood to West Palm Beach, Florida, USA.
- Delineation of mesophotic Oculina coral communities offshore Ft. Pierce, Florida, USA
- Documentation and collection of coral reef conditions in Bimini and Cat Cay, Bahamas.
- Freshwater sample collection in the Blue Holes of Andros Islands in Bahamas.
- Video surveying and sample collection of the Azores Archipelago’s red coral between 30 - 100 m, Portugal.
- Documentation and sample collection of Sagres, southern Portugal red and gold coral between 30 - 100 m, as well as assisting in cave mapping off the coast of Sagres.
- Delineation of red coral communities and algae in France.
- Discover and recover 2,000 year old sacrificial altar at a wreck 400 feet below near Sicily, Italy.
2016 - SUMMARY +
2016 - Summary
- Utilized manned submersibles and teams to inspect, collect data, and visually recreate the remains of two World War II ships - Bluefields and U-576 - involved in a convoy battle off the coast of North Carolina.
- Assessed function, health, and resilience of the deep ocean, earth’s least explored, largest, and critically important ecosystem, releasing findings as part of the XL Catlin Deep Ocean Survey.
- Increase understanding and awareness of coral reef conditions near Port Everglades, Florida, USA by collecting valuable baseline data from the Florida Reef Tract.
2015 - SUMMARY +
2015 - Summary
- Efforts to cease the discharge of inadequately treated wastewater effluent into the nearshore waters off the coast of Florida.
- Document freshwater resources contained by caves in the Bahamas.
- Establish and strengthen marine protected areas designated for mesophotic Oculina coral reefs in Florida.
- Establish marine protected areas designated for black corals in the Azores.
- Establish marine protected areas designated for red corals in the Algarve Portugal.
- Ongoing mission focused on documenting and establishing protections for shallow and mesophotic coral reefs offshore of Florida, the Bahamas, in the Gulf of Mexico, and in the Northern Caribbean Sea.
2019 - PROJECTED SUMMARY +
2019 - Projected Summary
- Projected mission to remove more than 700,000 tires left behind from the Osborne Tire Reef dumped in the ocean off the coast of Fort Lauderdale during the 70s.
- Projected mission to create public awareness of the Hollywood and Miami Sewage Outfall, which continues to dump wastewater into the ocean, compromising delicate ecosystems in the area.
- Projected Nekton Mission II